Volara® is a fine-celled, irradiation crosslinked foam that offers aesthetic appeal as well as an outstanding range of performance characteristics. Its smooth surface, excellent consistency, gauge control, superior physical and chemical properties, low water absorption and vapor transmission make Volara® a versatile, dependable solution for a host of demanding applications.
- Volara Type A – Volara type A foams are the choice for economy driven applications. This general purpose crosslinked LDPE foam is ideal for industrial applications like flooring underlay, construction gap filler, ind…
- Volara Type AF – Volara Type AF was developed to meet certain federal, military, and industry requirements on the flammability of cellular plastics. The data present here shows its performance when tested in accordanc…
- Volara Type AS – Volara type AS is an enhanced flexible closed-cell polyethylene foam that is crosslinked by means of a unique electron irradiation process. This results in a continuous smooth surface foam materials w…
- Volara Type EO – Volara type EO foams are flexible, soft to the touch, closed cell EVA copolymer based materials. Type EO foams are ideally suited for use in medical devices and in applications designed for skin and f…
- Volara Type G – Volara type G foams are the most flexible, most conformable and softest to the touch offered by Sekisui Voltek. These products are also tough. Compared with other Volara foams at comparable density, t…
- Volara Type M – Volara type M is a flexible closed-cell polyethylene foam that is crosslinked by means of a unique electron irradiation process. This results in a continuous smooth surface foam material with a fine c…
- Volara Type TS – Volara type TS is specially formulated for the industrial tape and gasket markets. This material is a polyblend of two resin types, combined to provide the conformability, compression strength and tou…
Minicel® is an extremely fine-celled, chemically crosslinked foam in bun form that is ideal for a wide variety of applications where a thicker foam is required. It combines a smooth aesthetic feel with superior physical and chemical properties, and is available in a wide range of types, colors and densities.
- Minicel Type L – Minicel type L is a closed-cell chemically crosslinked polyethylene bun foam. This results in a smooth surface with an extremely fine-cell structure. These bun foams have a tough and firm, yet elastic…
- Minicel Type M – Minicel type M is a closed-cell chemically crosslinked polyethylene foam that has been specially formulated for increased thermal resistance and excellent shock absorption. This results in a smooth su…
- Minicel Type T – Minicel type T is a closed-cell chemically crosslinked EVA copolymer foams that have been specially formulated for added flexibility and resilience. This results in a smooth surface with an extremely …
- MB 1 FDA Food Contact Compliance – Volara Type A, E, EO and HPT, irradiation crosslinked polyolefin foam, comply with the Food and Drug Administration regulations for use in contact with food.
- MB 4 Fire Retardant Specifications – Volara 2AF has been given the following ratings by Underwriters Laboratories. 2AF White, 2AF Black, 2AF Charcoal, 2AF Silver Gray have a 94-HF1 rating for 1/8″ through 3/8″ thicknesses.
- MB 5 Thermal Insulation – Two terms are commonly encountered when discussing the thermal insulation values of materials, the K factor and the R factor. The K factor is referred to as the thermal conductivity and has only one v…
- MB 6 Sterilization of Volara – The sterilization of Volara by Ethylene Oxide is not recommended. The combination of temperature and vacuum has occasionally demonstrated dramatic shrinkage in this material.
- MB 7 Health Care Personal Product Applications – The following is a list of medical applications in which Sekisui Voltek’s crosslinked polyethylene foams, Volara, are being utilized:
- MB 8 CFCS, HCFCS, AND Blowing Agents – There are increasing concerns and tighter specifications regarding blowing agents and the effect they have on the atmosphere.
- MB 9 Animal Skin Irritation Toxicity Studies of Volara – A cross section of Volara foams were tested for Primary Skin Irritation, Oral Toxicity, and Agarose Overlay to illustrate the excellent properties of these foams for medical, health care, and toy use….
- MB 10 Storage Rating of Volara – National Fire Protection Association Rating – Group A, Class 6
- MB 17 Natural Rubber Latex – Sekisui Voltek’s products do not contain any NRL (natural rubber latex).
- MB 21 RoHS Compliance – Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS 2) – EU Directive 2011/65/EC restricts the use of certain hazardous materials in the manufacture of various types of electronic and electrical equipment.
- MB 21a RoHS Compliance for Minicel – Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) – EU Directive 2002/95/EC restricts the use of certain hazardous materials in the manufacture of various types of electronic and electrical equipment
- MB 23 Berry Amendment Compliance – The Berry Amendment (10 U.S.C. §2533a) prohibits the Department of Defense from the purchase of the following articles or items, unless items have been grown, reprocessed, reused, or produced in the U…
- MB 24 Silicone – Sekisui Voltek’s Volara® products do not contain silicone.
- MB 25 PBDE – Sekisui Voltek has discontinued the use of this type of flame retardant additive in all Volara®, and Volextra® since October 2006. Specifically, Sekisui Voltek has discontinued the use of Decabromyl D…
- MB 26 BSE – Sekisui Voltek Volara foam products can contain Zn stearate which is a “tallow derivative”. Our supplier reports that tallow derived fatty acid can be sourced from cattle, pork and poultry stock. The
- MB 28 REACH Statement – REACH is a European Community Regulation on chemicals and their safe use (EC 1907/2006). It deals with the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals. The new European law b…
- MB 30 Substance Statement – Sekisui Voltek does not knowingly add any of the substances listed below into their products or into their process.
- MB 31 Phthalates – Sekisui Voltek’s Volara® products do not contain phthalates in general and none of the phthalates listed below:
- MB 32 Green Label for Volara Polyolefin Foams – Sekisui Voltek’s Volara cross-linked polyolefin foams are in compliance with the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Indoor Air Quality Cushion Testing Program. The reference identification for these Volara fo…
- MB 34 Toxic Ingredients for Volara – Volara® is made from materials that are non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and not Persistent, Bio accumulative or Toxic (PBT).
Downloads Related to This Post
- FDA Food Contact Compliance
- Fire Retardant Specifications
- Thermal Insulation
- Sterilization of Volara
- Health Care Personal Product Applications
- Animal Skin Irritation Toxicity Studies of Volara
- Natural Rubber Latex
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances Compliance
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances for Minicel
- Berry Amendment Compliance
- REACH Statement and SVHC Statement
- MSDS Volara Type A Material Safety Data Sheet
- MSDS Volara Type EO Material Safety Data Sheet